This course is taught in the last levels of electrical engineering and the Master Program.
At the end of the course, the student will
- know the definition of renewable energy,
- know the different sources of renewable energy,
- fundamentals and design of solar power systems,
- fundamentals and design of wind power systems,
- different concerns associated with the integration renewable energy to power systems,
- the frequency control ancillary services necesarry for the integration of renewable energy,
- the impact of renewable energy on distribution systems: distributed generation, microgrids and Smart Grid.